Thursday, April 9, 2009

Your Canal Is Burning


I remember as a child reading that a river in Chicago had caught fire. The image stuck in my mind quite firmly and as I was driving into town near the army base at Beni Yusuf, I saw to my astonishment that the debri on the canal was burning. A man standing over the fire on the bridge was watching it burn and I suspect that he set the fire but he moved off rather quickly. Good thing too, because most of what was burning was plastic and the fumes would have been pretty toxic.

1 comment:

Stacy K. said...

Thats one thing I really disliked in Egypt. All the trash. Especially around the train tracks. Yuck!

Flickr Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Miloflamingo. Make your own badge here.

Other City Daily Photo Blogs

CDPB Logo
Search by city:  
+ Africa
+ Asia & Pacific
+ Europe & Middle East
+ North America
+ South America

Come and Visit