Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Colour It Pink


The fellaheen, the Egyptian farmers LOVE colour...the brighter the better. Some of the houses in the villages are painted with the most amazing colour combinations, one of my favourites in the village near me being red, white and green. I think of Christmas every time I see it. This small house is just outside the back gate of my farm and it was constructed of stone which the recent purchaser then painted a bright pink with green windows and a lovely light blue bench.

2 comments:

Leslie in Adams Morgan said...

I missed color when I was in Cairo. Maybe it's just a matter of getting outside the city. Thanks for showing me what to look for next time.

Anonymous said...

If you head out north to Baltim -you'll also see bursting vibrant colours there too

Flickr Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Miloflamingo. Make your own badge here.

Other City Daily Photo Blogs

CDPB Logo
Search by city:  
+ Africa
+ Asia & Pacific
+ Europe & Middle East
+ North America
+ South America

Come and Visit