Monday, January 21, 2008

At Least The Smiles Are Warm


I have friends from Canada staying with me right now. We are all complaining of the cold weather and they keep laughing at us...with good reason I suppose. But it has been colder here than I ever remember in Cairo. For about four mornings in a row, there has been frost on the grass early in morning and my ordinarily green lawn is a dull beige where the grass shoots have died from the frost. We went out riding in the area yesterday and one of my friends took this photo of some of the village children as we rode by. In the chilly weather, the children have layered on their clothing with pretty colourful results....yet they still wear their sandals.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful kids.

Paz

Anonymous said...

yeah, i used to live there as a diplomat's kid way back in the early 90s, the winter in Cairo can surprisingly be quite cold. i went to an international school in zamalek and i remember it was so cold when i had to go to school early in the morning. brrr...

Petrea Burchard said...

Just came across your blog tonight. Wonderful photos, and I like your commentary, too. This shot is especially great but I like them all. Thanks for posting them.

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine you guys tearing up Egypt! Looks like you are having a great time. Get Paddi to set up a blog!!

Flickr Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Miloflamingo. Make your own badge here.

Other City Daily Photo Blogs

CDPB Logo
Search by city:  
+ Africa
+ Asia & Pacific
+ Europe & Middle East
+ North America
+ South America

Come and Visit